Saturday, September 25, 2010

PRETTIE ....TREAT TAGS

We are starting to think about Halloween and our neighborhood will soon be rampant with kids ding-dong ditching and leaving treats at the door. I made these vintage flashcard inspired tags last year for my girlfriend who tied to a pack of Halloween oreos and delivered to each of her 3 sons friends - My boys gave out packets of ghost marshmallows with hot coco mix tied together with twine. This year I have made little cello bags of Creepy Crawlies for the older kids which I have used before as cup cake toppers, treat embellishments and in multiple craft projects - the cockroach will be the perfect "trick" to leave on my unassuming teenagers lunch one day!!


These are just 4 different ways to use the same tags in your packaging using (my favorite!) simple supplies. I am a huge fan of Japanese masking tape (top left), but regular masking tape (bottom left) is a perfect design element and hole reinforcer too! I used the same tags on the right but just trimmed to size and tied with cotton twine and wrinkled seam binding. Vintage paper lace is my favorite way to embellish the "plainest" of packages and usually reserved for special treats!


If you would like to downlad these tags for yourself, just click HERE....enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. these are amazing! i'm your newest follower + would love for you to link up at "A Crafty Soiree" linky party at www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    xoxo Malia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable idea! (Looks like just one of many!!!) I hope you'll stop by and share it (or any of your other cute packaging ideas) at the Pretty Packages Party!
    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2010/10/pretty-packages-party-3.html
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just visiting you from DotDotDotthis, thanks for your comment! You have such a cute blog! I love your ideas! I am your newest follower!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great Monday!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! I love the flashcard look of your tags, a nice twist and very clean and graphic looking. Please join us next time too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm featuring you on Fri at www.yesterdayontuesday.com
    (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured your printable today on my blog! Check it out...
    http://moomootutu.blogspot.com/2010/10/wednesday-wow-finds-lots-of-halloween.html

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails